Up and down Oxford West & Abingdon local residents are putting up posters backing Nicola and her campaign team is overwhelmed with requests for more – many from people who have never voted Conservative before.
Many residents who are contacting Nicola and her campaign pledging their support, asking to display a poster or even deliver a few leaflets are saying they have been convinced by her record as a fierce community champion, the positive campaign she is running and the fact she has a clear plan to secure a better future for Oxford West & Abingdon:
- CUT congestion on the A34 Thousands back Nicola’s petition for an urgent, long-term solution to A34 congestion. Including Peartree, Botley and Lodge Hill the most jammed junctions in Oxfordshire!
- Good jobs & skills for kids
Since 2010, 2,240 apprentices have started and youth unemployment is down 76%. Nicola will ensure that the 500 apprenticeships promised by 2018 are delivered.
- Infrastructure FIRST Nicola back more affordable homes in our impossibly expensive area but she knows that some development is inappropriate and insists vital new infrastructure is built first.
- Fighting for vital research Nicola will keep fighting to fund our elite researchers as they tackle today’s great global challenges & ensure the promised £8m Oxford Tech College & £4m Abingdon Advanced Engineering Centre are delivered for the next generation
- Demanding Flood Defences Nicola’s fought for flood defences since the 2007 floods. She’ll ensure the £140m Oxford & Abingdon Flood Defence Scheme is delivered and locals are consulted.
- Protecting NHS Funding Daughter of NHS workers, Nicola’s insisting on £8bn NHS funding and increases every year in the next Parliament
If you would like to show your support for Nicola and her plan for Oxford West & Abingdon by displaying a poster do get in touch either by calling 033 3370 6580 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.