Nicola was pleased to visit AECOM at their Abingdon office, to meet with the team and learn more about innovative infrastructure projects underway across the County. AECOM are one of the largest architectural and construction service companies in the world, linking up cutting-edge projects to deliver results not just in the UK but worldwide.
AECOM has worked on the Olympics and on Crossrail, and across the UK they employ 7,500 staff. Locally, they are helping to deliver the Hinksey flood alleviation scheme, progressing the design plan through to implementation. The team in the Abingdon office are working on a number of important projects for our area, including:
• Biochemistry Phase 2, University of Oxford
• Pirbright Institute
• Proton Beam Therapy, UCLH
• Advanced Quantum Metrology Laboratory, BEIS and NPL (Teddington, London)
• RAL Facilities Support Building (Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire)
• Beamlines I-14 and I-21 for Diamond Light Source (Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire)
Nicola says: It was great to meet the AECOM team here in Abingdon. AECOM are developing solutions to infrastructure challenges, including delivering clean water and energy, across the globe.
Here in Oxfordshire they are leading the way on advanced engineering projects, making sure we stay at the forefront of modern science and technology.